First-time checking? Follow these steps to set up your myBama Account:
- Go to mybama.ua.edu.
- Click on the Create Your Password link.
- You will be prompted to enter your last name and CWID.
- Choose how to confirm your identity and follow the instructions. The system will send you a confirmation code that you will enter on the next page.
- Once the process has been completed, enter your new password and click Finish.
- Return to mybama.ua.edu.
- Sign in with the username and the password you just created.
Status Check Instructions
To check your application status, login to myBama.ua.edu with your myBama ID and password. Click Admissions/Scholarship in the menu. Locate the Undergraduate Admissions section and in the list of items, click the Check My Application Status link and proceed from there.
Correspondence and/or requests from Undergraduate Admissions will be sent to your Crimson email account. Please contact Undergraduate Admissions if you have questions or need additional assistance with the application process.If you have problems accessing or using your Crimson email account, please contact the IT Service Desk for additional assistance at 205-348-5555.
Students who apply to the University of Alabama may receive one of the following decisions.
- Fall Admit – Regular admission to the University for the fall semester
- Summer Admit – Regular admission for the summer semester
- Spring Admit – Regular admission for the spring semester (very limited)
- Edge Admit – Admission into our Crimson Edge Program
- Pending – File under review. All pending decisions will receive a final decision by July 1.
- Deny – Students who receive this decision are denied admission into the freshman class.
Statement on Admission
The University of Alabama reserves the right to refuse admission or re-enrollment or to place conditions on admission or re-enrollment of applicants and former students who it determines represent a safety risk to University students, employees, and University property. Applicants have the right to appeal any such decision to the Undergraduate Admissions Advisory Committee within 7 business days of the date the notice was received.
Withholding information or giving false information may make you ineligible for admission to, or continuation at, the University. Therefore, by submitting this information, you certify that it is true, correct, and complete. Also, by submitting this application, you give permission for the University to obtain additional information from others pertinent to your record prior to attending the University.